Last Updated on November 12, 2022
A printer is a great and convenient device until and unless you fall into problems. Usually, printers don’t get affected by connectivity or other built issues. However, if you are using it as a beginner or in a public place, too many devices can cause trouble.
Meanwhile, there is no need to stress over this because, in this article, we will not only talk about how to reset a printer, but specifically, we will be discussing and learning different printer resets, including hp, brother, and Epson.
So, why wait? Let’s begin with our detailed yet simple guide!
How to reset a printer?
If you’ve tried every suggested fix and are still having issues printing on your printer, resetting your system may help. It’s also important to be aware that completing a printer reset will delete any saved printer settings. Alongside that, it will also wipe any open print jobs from your file and PC, and remove every printer from your list.
The resetting feature is frequently used, especially when users want to remove a backlog, unclog a jam, or handle various troubleshooting situations. It’s also vital to remember that some manufacturers have included a printer button on their products without a clear procedure for resetting the printer.
In some cases, restoring network settings is as simple as choosing it from a menu or button. You have to put in a bit extra energy with other printer models.
How to reset an HP printer?
Your printing and scanning tasks slow down or eventually stop when a printer breaks down. If you have a hp printer, you’ve probably experienced something similar. Compatibility difficulties and hardware concerns with HP printers are well-known, and if you are experiencing one, you need to reset your hp printer.
It includes the following steps:
- Firstly, you need to disconnect the cable to stop the printer
- In the second step, you must remove extra cables attached to it supplying current, etc.
- Now, search for the power button and hold press it for 20 – 25 seconds
- Doing so, you are required to wait for a minute or a half.
- Now, switch it on and see if it is working; if not, you can repeat the same steps after a while
How to reset a canon printer?
Despite the fact that Canon printers are known for their excellent quality, it’s typical to experience a few frequent problems with your equipment. Those problems can occasionally be fixed quickly with a reset. So, if you face any user issues, there are more chances that the printer needs to be reset. Meanwhile, you can do this in 5 simple and straightforward steps.
- Foremost, everyone should know & ensure to disconnect the Canon printer.
- Next, disconnect your device primarily before you cut off the power source.
- After ensuring safety, it’s time to reconnect the power cable and switch the device on.
- Now, attach the Ethernet cable to your Canon printer, as people make the mistake of losing the cable.
- Lastly, do a test print to know whether you are done; if not, you can repeat the process.
How to reset an Epson printer?
Who doesn’t know about the brand Epson? We all have used it in some part of our lives. Devices running into minor issues are common, and we have to deal with them instead of getting annoyed. So, let’s see how you can quickly reset an Epson printer down here:
- In the first step, with the help of the Power button, turn off the printer as your first priority.
- Hold and press the Reset button on the printer’s back with a pin.
- While turning on the printer, hold down the Reset button for a minimum time of 5 – 6 seconds.
- Once a warning page has been printed, let go of the reset button.
- To reconnect the printer to the computer system, use the IP address, and you will be done.
How to reset a Brother printer?
There are multiple reasons why you need to reset your brother’s printer. Whether your printer isn’t responding timely, it is turning on/off on its own, showing random glitches, and some more. For the rest, follow the 5-step guide that is mentioned below:
- Start by turning off your Brother printer and removing the power cord.
- Close all covers and lids before continuing.
- Reconnect the power cable now.
- Then, long-press the “Go” button on the printer’s control panel. Doing so, it’s time to press the power button and, to mistake, do it while continuing to depress the “go” button.
- Release the “go” button after waiting until the printer has fully powered up, and you are good to start.
How to reset the drum on the Brother printer?
You may already be aware of the two-part cartridge arrangement used by your Brother equipment. Although you don’t have to change the picture drum every time you replace the toner, you do need to do it frequently to maintain your printer functioning properly. In another way, we perform a factory reset and, to do so, follow the instructions for the HL series:
- In the first stage, open the cover.
- After removing the cover, now remove the toner cartridge assembly and drum unit. This will disconnect the drum unit.
- You must now securely connect the toner to the brand-new drum unit. Doing so, replace the toner cartridge and drum unit in the device.
- Last but not least, to get all the LEDs to light up, press and hold the GO button for approximately 4 seconds. Release the GO button after the four LEDs has all lit up.
- Now, make sure to lock the entranceway, and you must verify the drum Led is turned off.
In the end, I must say that it’s crucial to understand that restarting your printer restores factory default settings. For the majority of printers, this procedure does not reset the tray size, language, or page count.
For that and any other main issue, you must check the owner’s manual of your printer for detailed instructions. That being said, I wish you good luck with your Crafting journey!